Sunday, March 2, 2014

Taking Mercy: Euthanasia

Love is always connected with protecting. when we become parents, we sign an invisible contract in which we are committed to love and protect our children.
When my son born at 27 weeks of gestation with heart problem  I was devastated. I sat by his incubator watching how every three hours a nurse drew blood from his tiny feet while  he cried in pain.
It was the first time in my life the I understand the true meaning of a quote my mother always said to me " q me pase cualquier cosa a mi, pero no a ti" ( Let anything happen to me, but not to you.) I would wish to be in his place instead and have the nurse draw blood from me everywhere instead of him. As a parents, we would do anything to relieve our children from pain and not watch them suffer.As a parents, could there be anything worse than watching your child's health deteriorate day by day? Could a parent's love stretch so far as to find that the only solution to stopping their suffering is euthanasia?



No comments:

Post a Comment